Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Go with the flow"

This picture was taken at the All Gods Children Picnic this past Saturday. If you look close you can see our sweet little friend who came home from Kazakhstan last fall.
Go with the flow, hmmmm.... Do I have to?!?!
We were hoping to go apply for our govt. clearance yesterday and should have had our homestudy in hand but it didn't happen. Unfortunately it's not going to happen this week. But no worries, God has a plan and even time and beaurocracy and human mistakes will not stop the hand of God from fullfilling the plan he has for our lives and for our daughter.

We have been in the process of completing our dossier for almost 3 weeks now. I'm sure almost every last one of you are wondering what that is and how to pronounce it. Here goes: doss-ee-ay. You did it!!! Hooray!!!! What does this process entail, you ask? Well, lots of paperwork and being at the mercy of any notary you can find. I don't think I have felt this tapped out in a while.

When I was in YWAM, I had to learn to be fluid, not flexible, fluid. Flexibility implies returning to your original state, fluidity implies going with the flow with no return. The trust factor in all of this is turning out to be my primary lesson. How many of us just like to have control. You know, "If I do it, then it will turn out the way I want it." Well I can tell you, I have been doing it, and it still isn't turning out the way I want it. :) When other people or God are involved, nothing is ever exactly the way you want it. But, I'm learning to be ok with this. Notary's are expiring before they should, homestudy's aren't being finished like they should, and Dr's visits seem to be never-ending. I wanted to turn in our application for approval 3 weeks ago, but it required a complete homestudy. It should have been done before now but..... "Should have" seems to be a re-occuring theme here, hmmm...

Don't get me wrong, I really am not complaining, just trying to share the need for fluidity in the adoption process. We are excited about this process and of course would love to have it over with yesterday, but I am learning that God is for me and His plans will prevail.

Our good friends who are adopting from Ethiopia just recieved their referral of a baby girl last Monday. Talk about walking on cloud nine, me that is!!!!! :0) Them too, of course!!!! You would think it was my referral. I am so excited for them and I can't wait to hold her in my arms. Congratulations F and N Teabo!!! We are praying for you!
Well, it's all just another bump in the road and nothing to get too uptight about. Thanks for following our journey!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to be like fluid....go with the flow....that is good.....I certainly am having to learn that in my present life circumstances.....

Love your open and honesty in your blog, Jenn....and before you know it, you will be in KZ bonding with your little one.

Beckie

anita said...

jen...on a practical note, mike is a notary, call anytime you need his services and he'll be happy to help. p.s. jenny is a notary, too, if mike isn't around.