Ok, so I have some wonderful news to share in response to the prayers that I asked from all of you!
Last week was spent praying and making phone call after phone call, after phone call. I called our insurance at least six times. I called the Occupational therapist at least that much and I spent time on the phone with Children's Hospital too. I tried getting Alea evaluated with our Birth to three program in our school district, but they just told me to call in the fall since the school year was almost over. Obviously, I was busy. I have to say...I have alot of words to use in a day, but I was fried by the end of every day and didn't want to talk much at all, LOL!! If you know me, you know....that's a miracle in itself!!
Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that our insurance approved Alea's occupational therapy. I began calling them to see if they had our paperwork and to ask whether they had reviewed it yet. The lady I needed to talk to wasn't available that day and I called the next. They answered and asked for me to hold. In the meantime I was praying that the Lord would just have them review the paperwork right there and approve it. When they got back on they asked if I could hold for a bit longer because they were reviewing her paperwork at that moment. Yippee God! Isn't He awesome. Two minutes later they got back on and gave me my approval. They said that they were faxing our approval to the Occupational Therapist(OT) right then. Ok, one down!
Next I spoke with Alea's Physician. She had a few questions and very quickly sent off a referral for Alea to be seen at Children's Hospital. Now I just want you all to know that our wonderful Dr. just got back from her honeymoon, and she jumped right on our case, with an already full caseload left over from being gone with her new DH. She didn't waste any time and I'm so very thankful for her. She couldn't have gotten our paperwork more than an hour or two before and she was right on it!! You know who you are my friend, and I thank you!!! Two down!
Ok, next....I called Children's. They told me that their appointments were booked out until the end of June. I was so disappointed, but took it. Then they told me that if I call the Seattle office I may get in earlier. So.....what the heck, might as well try. I called and guess what??? We have an appointment for this Wed at 10:30am! Yippee Jesus!!! Three down!
Isn't it just like Him to provide the answers even before we ask them?? Only He could have known that I would get all of the bad news on Monday, and that by Thursday afternoon He would have provided all of the necessary appointments for our sweet girl to get the help that she needs.
We will also begin our Occupational Therapy on Thursday at 11am. I'm really looking forward to this appointment. The more I am learning, the more I realize how much Alea's sensory overload has kept her from progressing. I can't wait to see my baby grow and flourish. Four down!!
We are supposed to have two appointments a week for the next six weeks. That doesn't include anything that Children's may want to do with her. So...could you all please be praying for us. These appointments and the driving to and from(35min each way) are enough to send her over the top. And on top of all of that, we have other commitments with the boys for baseball and daily other things.
I truly believe God knows and knew all that would be involved, and that He will give us the Grace that we need to make it through this time and come out on top:O)
So, my memorial box reminder is still in the making. I'm not sure what I'll use to help me remember what God has done to help heal our princess. I may use a key to remind me how He has given us the keys to unlock my daughter's mind to bring the healing that she needs. If anyone has an idea of a trinket that I could use to help me remember, I would love to hear it:O)
If you don't know what a memorial box is, it is explained here . My friend Linny began it and it is a wonderful way to remember all of the great things that the Lord has done for us.
Thank you all so very much for your prayers, thoughts, and encouragement!!! I am so very thankful for each and every one of you. God has used you all to hold us up and I have to say, all last week it was very evident that you were praying for us. I could truly feel it!!!
Lots of Love,
Jenn
9 comments:
I'm sooooo glad to hear how God is answering prayer! Thanks so much for the update. We will continue to pray for Alea and for calm travels to and from the Dr. and for everything to fall into place for the boy's schedules, too!
Much Love,
Angie
Yea for answers!!! I can't wait to hear what happens next. No ideas for the box.
Love ya,
Karen
Hi, I've been reading your blog for a long time, but rarely post. I just had to post about EI. Early intervention is available year round for any child under 3. It is slightly different from the Birth to 3 offered by the schools. My daughters have had EI year round with their therapists coming right to their daycare.
My oldest daughter just aged out of EI last Thursday, but she was able to start at her speical pre school today even though the year is almost over. It took some extra effort by a great EI program coordinator and her EI speech therapist to make this happen. Sounds like you have found a way to get help, but contact EI also as they have been great to work with.
Julie
Praise God for answered prayers!
I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Hi Julie,
Thank you so much for this information. I had no idea about EI, and will be making phone calls tomorrow to see what I can find out. I really appreciate your help!!
Thank you,
Jenn
So thankful that God is answering our prayers for your precious Alea...xo
Just stopping by to let you know that I am continuing to pray for your fmaily. And so thankful to God for your praise post!!!
Jenn,
Praying.. thrilled about the tip about EI.. here in OK we call it Sooner Start... I'm sure it's different in every state, but you should be able to get some help..
Praying for you and your sweet babygirl..
Love and prayers,
Lanetta
Still checking in and praying.
Lisa
avaseofchangeforlilygrace.blogspot.com
Post a Comment