Ok, so it has been over a month since I last posted. I have a really good excuse...and it has a lot to do with our home study and getting our USCIS approval. There were some major issues that were keeping us from getting our approval, and lets just say that my stress levels were off the charts. I can't go into details at all on here, but I want you to know that your prayers were the only thing that got us through that time. The beauty and the end of that story is that we got our approval on Saturday, and the pain of that time is now behind us.
So now on to bigger and better things!! I just got the cutest picture of Mia last Tuesday. While I can't show you her little face, I can show you her belly!!
Seriously, Don't you just want to blow raspberries:O) I love baby bellies!!
Many have asked where we are in the process right now. We are coming down to the wire. It looks like Mia will become legally ours by the end of this year. We are just waiting for our final decree. This decree states that Mia is legally our daughter. The waiting period should end by the week of Dec 11th, if it goes the way other families have gone before us. We're praying it happens before then, but with that comes some other obstacles to overcome. I'll save that story for another day.
Here's our next adoption miracle story. Sit back, relax and enjoy. I know I did.
It was October 15th. Just another ordinary Saturday with piles of laundry to be washed and folded, and toilets to scrub. Warren was recovering from his 7th knee surgery(yes, you read right-7). The kids were begging to play video games, and I was insisting that they do their chores. See, it was an ordinary Saturday.
Anyway, I received a phone call from a precious friend that lives quite a ways away from here. She asked if she could get a tax-deductible donation for donating to our adoption fund. After making a few phone calls and emails I found out the answer was yes. It's a win-win situation for all of us. She gets help with her taxes and gets a new niece, Mia gets a family. See, win-win. I called her back and we chatted and laughed for a while. I always laugh when I chat with her. She absolutely cracks me up with her dry sense of humor. You know the friends that you can completely be yourself with? The kind that make you feel loved no matter what; well she is that friend.
The next morning I woke up and immediately checked my email for pictures of Mia. I'm a bit obsessed with seeing my child. No pictures but an email from my friend with the scanned copy of a check that she sent to our agency to help us with our fees. I would like to state that I had no expectation of what the amount would be. This friend had already given to our family for Mia. The call alone shocked me, but what was written on the check left me undone. I just started bawling. It was written for $4,670. Yep, you read that right. I bet you're shocked too.
You see, it was Sunday morning the 16th. Mia's first court date was happening on the 20th. We needed to have $5050 turned in to our agency within a week of our court date. We only had $500 to our name at that point. We had already paid all we had for the first chunk of fees, and were honestly stressing out about where we would find the next bit of money. My friend had no knowledge of when these fees were due. Combined with what we had in our savings, this was more than enough.
God came through once again. He promises to provide for His children, and He did. He loves us, and He loves Mia, and He loves my friend. If I've learned something from adoption it is this: Love multiplies when you step out and bring an orphan in to your home. They forever lose the title orphan, and their new names become chosen, loved, cherished and treasure. No longer are they without family. They have forever families and extended families who will forever love them. People are encouraged, others step out and adopt their own child, but everyone who is near to that child is touched by their life.
Isn't God amazing?! He's never late, not one single moment. I write this to remind myself of His faithfulness. I've been struggling and trying to remember that He has it under control. He tells us to look back and remember His faithfulness to us, so this is my attempt at remembering. I'm encouraged now, and I hope you are too.
Lots of Love,
Jenn

2 comments:
Even though I know the story of your friend giving you that money for Mia, I still cried when I read it. Her generosity touches my heart too! I love seeing God come through for Mia time and time again. He is so faithful!
Tears. Beautiful provision. Faithful God. Thank you for sharing! xo
Post a Comment