

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES
We went to Yakima on July 12 to apply for our government approval to bring a child into our country for the purpose of adoption. I can't even tell you how scary it was preparing our paperwork for this. It took me about 3 hours to fill out a little bitty application form. I was so worried that I would do it wrong, that I didn't get it right until after I had emailed my social worker a half a dozen times!! It wasn't so much that it was hard, it was more like my brain wouldn't work. When I was told that we would come up against spiritual warfare during this adoption I didn't think it would come in this way. But isn't that how the enemy works?! He hits you where you least expect it.
There have been countless times as I prepared this paper and others that I have felt fuzzy in the head and very tired. I mostly just want to sleep. It is very strange and no fun at all. Especially since every piece of paper I have prepared had to have been done on that day. Lindsay, my social worker for All God's Children has me on a schedule. In order to get all of our papers done, we have a checklist and she calls me every week to see if I have taken care of the previously scheduled assignments. Most of the time I can say yes, but it hasn't been without the warfare to go with it.
In case you were wondering if I have any papers that need to be done now, the answer is YES!!!
I have been procrastinating three different papers. Mainly because they were already notarized and Lindsay found some mistakes on them. You see, Kazakhstan is extremely picky about our paperwork and if there is even the slightest flaw they will reject our case until things are taken care of. I've been procrastinating because I have to ask people who have already taken their time to help me out, and I don't want them to have to redo papers that they have already done. They are papers that only they can do, and if they aren't done correctly, then we just have to keep redoing them until it is right. I hate that part!!! But what do you do?
Well we will keep waiting, and if you would like something to do in this process, we could really use your prayers. God tells us that kingdoms are torn down in the heavenlies when His people pray. We need strongholds removed in order for this adoption to continue to move forward and we would covet your prayers!!!
1 comment:
Nice pictures of my boys. I just love those little faces. Big hugs!
Post a Comment