


I thought I'd share some pictures from our family day. This time next year we will be a half-pint bigger:O) Oh, I can hardly wait for that time...Monday, I heard from our social worker, who heard from our in-country staff that there is still no news. They are still reviewing the files and will let us know if there is any change.
If you really want to know how I feel about that, here goes...It stinks!!!!! This past weekend was probably the worst that we've had so far. I still have a peace that God is taking care of it all and that my daughter is completely loved by Him, but I am disappointed. Not by God mind you, just by our circumstances. I have tried to be brave while trusting Him, but this weekend I just needed to cry. God really met me, and told me it was ok to cry and be disappointed, and that He knew that I was still trusting Him. I tend to stuff my tears when I need to let them out, and any other time with my heart on my sleeve, I can't seem to keep them in, go figure. This whole process is stretching. I have recieved a much deeper faith in My Father than I could have ever imagined. As long as I keep my eyes on Him and cling to His word; which at this point is the very air that I have to breathe, then I can make it through each day. The times of doubt and fear come often, but with the Truth spoken clearly over my family, it goes away quickly. I just needed to mourn hope deferred. It truly does make the heart sick, but God comes quickly when we call. He heals my hurt and hears my longing for my sweet girl. In His time, He makes all things beautiful, Praise God!!!
In order to take our minds off of things, this weekend we went to Hurricane Ridge with our friends, Ron and Lori and their kids, to go sledding. We had so much fun, and we all came home with pink cheeks and happy hearts. On our way home, the boys were trying to come up with names for hurricanes. I told them that most hurricanes have been named with a female name, then I proceeded to tell them that people often name their cars with girl names too. They both protested loudly, ( they're at the age when mom is the only cool girl:O) and wondered why girls were so popular?!?! I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled. About two minutes later, after a rare silence of them trying to figure out this travesty, Ethan came up with the reason, Hee hee:O) He announced, "I know why girls are so popular, it's because you do all the work mom!" Oh sweet justice!!!! I absolutely roared while Warren tried to act offended, after about two seconds he let out the smiles!!! We had such a wonderful family day, one that was so very needed. Thank you God for all the sunshine that we have had of late!!! I am sooooo ready for spring!!!
I'm so sorry that it has taken so long to let you all know what is going on. I've been waiting for firm details, and partly I just couldn't bear to write about it all. Thank you all so much for praying for our family, we truly have felt all of your prayers, and wouldn't have made it this far without you!!!
Love to you all!!
Jenn
7 comments:
I second that Ethan :) What a little man he is turning out to be. With you in this "still" time my friend.
I am so sorry that the wait is continuing for you with no news. I hope you hear more soon. will keep praying for you.
Oh, Jenn, you are such an encouragement to me! It would be so easy to "put up a good front" on your blog and pretend that you are trusting. But you are exactly as you present yourself! Trusting, abiding and growing in your faith. I love you, I'm praying for you, and I'm so proud of you!
Oh it is so okay to cry. I spent 4 months crying during our adoption (off and on, of course) Your faith is inspiring and you are a model of trusting God and having faith in His ultimate plan.
I love the pictures!
Drove by your house and said a quick prayer the other day. I got an instant peaceful feeling. The long delay we had with our daughter was most certainly God's plan. Everything couldn't have gone smoothly. The paperwork dates showed us that Jenna would not have been our daughter had things gone through quickly. She hadn't even been born yet!
Checking in. I was hoping you'd hear something by now.
Post a Comment