Just a CRAZY snow day in MARCH!!
SERIOUSLY, IT DOESN'T SNOW THIS LATE IN WESTERN WA!!
Well, it has been just about forever since I last posted. I thought I'd finally update you on the happennings with the Heckert family.
This past month has definitely been a hard one to say the least, but it ended on a fairly hopeful note. After two months of waiting to hear something about when we were going to go, I thought I was finally going to lose my mind, but I'm writing to say, thankfully that didn't happen. I don't think I have ever felt that helpless or fearful. We were at someone's mercy over in Kaz, and they had better things to do than tell us what was going on. Every day I would tell myself that I could make it through another day, and at the end of every week I would tell myself, maybe next week. It didn't help that my agency didn't know what was going on either. There was a big breakdown in communication and we were on the recieving end of it. Thankfully, about a week ago, we found out that we should travel by the second week of May. We are hoping and praying that this is true. If so, we will have our sweet Alealani home around the second week of July!!! Wooohoooooo!!! That would be so awesome.
All I can think about when I think of her is: Who is holding her? Is anyone? Will anyone sing songs to her or tell her they love her? Is anyone kissing her sweet baby cheeks or answering her little cries in the night? Is she sick, does she need anything? Is she warm, or cold? Will she be afraid of us? Will they let us spend much time with her when we are there? Is anyone rocking her and snuggling her?
Then I think, whether anyone is or not, I know that God loves her even more than I could even imagine, and since He is the Creator of the Universe, it can't be hard at all for him to scoop her up and whisper sweet nothing's in her ear and give her sweet baby kisses. He says that He commands His angels to watch over us, so I know that He is taking care of her, but it still is hard for a mommy's heart to wait.
So, now we wait some more, but since I found out that we finally have a projected date to leave a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. It was literally driving me crazy not knowing what to expect, and expecting to leave any day. I was even able to finally do my taxes, which seemed like an insurmountable feat to overcome in my previous state of mind:O) I've finally been able to relax and breathe. Now we are hoping to leave soon so we don't have to start re-doing documents. All you Kaz families out there know what I'm talking about. The LAST thing I want to do, is more paperwork!!! But of course I will if it means getting my daughter.
Thank you all for praying for our family. I seriously needed the prayers and felt them during the past months. Had it not been for them, I think I would have gone off of the deep-end!
Love to you all!
Jenn
7 comments:
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Yeah! Finally! I am so glad that you have heard some good news. Praying for all of you! Love you lots.
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5
Your travel and the uniting of your little girl with her family will surely be one of the many wonders God performs. Praise Him for getting things moving over there!
Amy
Oh I am so HAPPY that you have something to look forward to. I sure hope you will be leaving in May as well.
I am sorry I haven't returned your call. I have been busy and then when I get a few minutes I am just so tired.
Love you girl,
greta
Thank you for sharing so intimately. It brought me to tears and helps me to hang in there too with all my struggles. I praise God for you and for giving you hope. It's really true. Hope differed makes the heart weak. God Bless and I am praying for you. Love, Wendy O.
That is my favorite scripture right now. I think too many times we don't give God credit for his glorious works because they are too mundane or not big enough for people to really see as God. I see him in the food on my table, in the hundreds of donations we have received for our garage sale, in the fact that it is not supposed to rain so we can get all those wonderful donations out, in the ways he refines us through trials, etc.
I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out!
Amy
YEAHHHHHH!!! So good to hear good news!!! Will be watching your blog for news of your departure!!!
Still on and reading and getting so excited about you leaving soon for your sweet one waiting for you to love on her.
Post a Comment