Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Changes...


Christmas tree hunting with the Ireland family!!  They came and stayed with us for Thansgiving.  Heather and I go Black Friday shopping every year.  Yes, we wake up at 2am and drag in around 10pm.  We're crazy, but we love it!  It's the ultimate girl day!

Alea looking pretty and sweet in her Christmas Princess dress!

What Alea looks like most of the time, lol!  Look out world, here I come!!!

Sporting the Christmas Eve jammies

Leaving milk and cookies for Santa

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, or by the desk.  We got Alea's stocking in Kaz.

 Alea and cousin Kaden on Christmas morning

So serious about her new baby Stella.  The pacifier is magnetic

 Happy, Happy little boys, getting all their new Christmas toys!






Ruby and Alea fixing each others hair.  Our good friends the Teabos joined us for Christmas dinner and the girls had fun playing together.  Aren't they precious?!

It's about time that I posted here. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this, but I figured I would start trying to write more often. I love looking back at the journals and seeing how much our family has grown and changed. It's a great diary of sorts.  The pictures below are of our Christmas Season this year.  I hope you enjoy them!

We are obviously no longer on our adoption journey, but we are still on the Highway that God has set before us. This time around it will be more about my daily journey through life and all the anecdotes that go with it. If ever there is another adoption, you can be sure I will be posting it here. For now though, I'll just be sharing tidbits of my life and my thoughts.

I'm looking forward to the unknowns of this year and seeing what God has in store for our family. I have alot of hope and expectations for the things to come. I still would like to adopt again, but I'm not sure that this will be the year. Maybe we'll be starting the paperwork though...

My kiddos are growing like weeds and I'd like to keep up with this blog more in order to record their changes. Caleb is 10, Ethan is 7 and Alea is 2. I can't believe how quickly time has flown!!!!

So, if you still read this even occasionally, I can guarantee I'm going to post more. We homeschool, so I'll be sharing some of the fun things we do and some of the curriculum we use also if you're interested. I'm also planning to go to Ghana this spring with one of my besties to pick up her two children and bring them home forever. I'll definitely be journaling that trip! It will be my first time to Africa and I can't wait! Who knows, maybe my next child is there???!!!

I hope that you all had and wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!! I pray that God will bless you richly this year and surprise you with the wonderful plans He has for you!



3 comments:

Kim said...

WOW Jenn, Alea is just GORGEOUS! I love the pics of her in the Christmas dress. Beautiful really! I look forward to reading more from you! Happy New Year!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

LOVE the updated photos and blog post. Alea looks fantastic! She is SO adorable in her pretty dress. Looks like you all had a great holiday season.

I can't thank you enough for all of your help and support during our time in Shymkent. You were truly instrumental in the process of bringing home our precious girl. As you predicted, it has been amazing to see all of the changes in just 2 & 1/2 weeks since arriving back in the states.

Thanks again!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

I just noticed that we hadn't updated our blogger profile to reflect our new addition. So, now we should be appropriately listed as, Steve, Kjersten, Aitugan AND Nurai. : )