Our Journey through fast-lanes, slow-lanes, pit-stops, traffic jams, and "are we there yets?! This is the journey that God has called us to, and we wouldn't have it any other way!"
Friday, February 5, 2010
Orphans...
Adoption is on my heart again. In 2006, God put it on my heart to begin praying for our adoption. I hadn't prayed about it, except to toss it up to Him asking if we could someday. When I began to pray, my heart just opened wide and I would just weep. It seemed as if everything I saw or heard was about orphans and their plight. I cried ALL THE TIME! Well, guess what...I've started crying again. Don't get me wrong, my heart still broke for the orphans all over the world and I would bawl and try to figure out what I could do, but it's different again. It leads me to believe it's time to start praying about our next adoption or whatever it is that the Lord has for us. I just want His leading and honestly I'd rather just plant myself in whatever country it is that He has for us and take all the orphans in, helping them to find forever families. I, myself, would then be able to do more than just adopt one or two, I'd be helping many, many more children.
I guess I'll just have to see what God says as I seek His heart. I'll let you know when I find out:O) Here's some pictures of our adoption experience.
We fell in love with this little guy who we named Mikey..He had CP.
These were Alea's cribmates, out for a bit of fresh air.
This was the quarantine area for the sick kids. Notice Alea's smile:O)
These children were some of the two year old group out for a walk
Gotta love the daddy and mommy love...the one of Alea in blue was the first day we ever held her...
1 comment:
love the pictures! especially the one of you kissing alea. how sweet. praying for god's direction and guidance for you.
Post a Comment