Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Counting the Cost...

I just read this on another blog today called The Journey.  I have been wrestling with the things in this that the author writes.  I long to just lay it all down and yet I'm afraid at times.  But Honestly, she's not saying any more than what Jesus calls us to do.  She laid it down and now I'm left knowing that I, in my flesh, don't want to count the cost.  But in my Spirit, I yearn and cry out to go and do what she is doing.  I am willing to Count the Cost, but afraid...  Take a peek at it here, she will inspire you and challenge you.  She is the mother to 11 children in Uganda.  She's from the states and she's amazing.  Her children are beautiful!  She inspires me to be a better mother, wife and friend.  She inspires me to be the Child of God that I am called to be.  You can also check out her ministry here or click on the link in the sidebar called Amazima.  I promise you, you will walk away thinking after you read this!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

And delighted to meet you. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit. This looks like a refreshing place to splash in God's goodness.

Splashing for his glory,
Sara

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

oh Jennn... amazing post!! Jesus help us all to be EXACTLY what you've called us to be!! I was just sharing with a co-worker today... that this adoption was the beg. for us.. that we didn't know what.. but, that we WOULD not just adopt one or two and sit on our hands the rest of our lives... there are MILLIONS of babies out there... who need families and homes... she looked at me like I had LOST it... reading this confirmed yet again to me that God will provide... and giving it all up for him is so worth it!!! That's the point of life anyway.. LIVING IT FOR HIM!!! :)