Sunday, July 10, 2011

The song of old...

Oh, how I love Jesus...
Oh, how I love Jesus...
Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me!!!

I love that old song...I can still remember sitting on my grandmother's knee as she would sing to me.  She would bounce me and rock me.  It is such a special memory for me.  Now, all these years later, I sing it to my children and it has such rich meaning to me.  I hope my treasures find the same richness of relationship wth Jesus as I have found in my life.  Actually, I hope they find it even more so.   

We had our garage sale yesterday.  Eight people donated items for us to sell, and we brought in $1,610.  If that's not God, I don't know what is!!  We stepped out in faith with our five loaves and two fishes(see Matthew 14:14-21), and trusted that the Lord would bring people to buy our treasures.  We got to watch as a steady stream of people came all day long.  Many were thrilled to find out that their donations would help a child have a forever family.  My precious kids sold lemonade, cookies and brownies and made $67.  They were so excited!

After the day was done and all the leftover items were packed away, we sat down to count out the money.  Our kids all gathered around and waited for the total.  When we said $1,610(I like saying that over and over), their little eyes got huge!  They couldn't believe it!!  I love it when God shows Himself to kids!  Is there anything more precious than hearing, "Wow!  God is so cool" from a child's mouth???  I'm sure God thinks it's pretty neat too:O)

So, totaling all that has been given to us, and everything we've saved in the past two weeks, we are at $3,479!!!!  An eighth of the way to our goal!!!  In just two weeks!!!  God is so good!!  He said that He would provide every penny and we are trusting Him to do just that. 

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  We are looking forward to sharing this journey with you!  I pray you are as encouraged and challenged in your faith walk as we are:O) 

Precious child of mine, mommy and daddy are coming!!!!

Much love and many blessings!!
Jenn

1 comment:

Karen Dawkins said...

Oh Jenn,
Reading your posts reminds me so much of our journey to Ellie.

Nathan and Ben ate PBJ for a year without complaining. Seriously, we cut the food budget in half and none of us missed the goodies we'd cut out. No more restaurants -- no worries. We planned our Chinese gourmet adventure instead :).

The boys walked dogs for neighbors and were so amazed that they helped raise money (more than $600) toward bringing their sister home.

Incredible.
Keep believing!!!
love, me