Ok, so here it is...the line-up. The last of it. The details. In response to many requests, I'm putting it all out here on my blog. Everyone is asking what we need in order to get our Mia. This includes the layout of what has to happen logistically, and what has to happen miraculously.
In case you are wondering what's up, in my last post I announced that on December 16th, Mia was officially and legally declared our daughter!! So this is my response to everyone's requests of "what next" and "what do you still need?"
This is what happens logistically...in order, as best we know it...
- Our Coordinator in Taiwan will take Mia for her immigration physical this coming week.
- Our paperwork is in translation this week, including our final decree from the judge
- Our paperwork will then be sent to the AIT(American Institute in Taiwan, like an embassy) office. Hopefully it will be there before the end of this week.
- Once this paperwork has arrived, we will send an email asking for an appointment to get Mia's visa(they only issue visa's on Tues, Wed, Thurs of each week. They will be closed for Chinese New Year which begins on January 22, and often lasts for two weeks. It's imperative that we go pick up Mia and get back before then.)
- Once we have an appointment we will make plans to travel about 7 days before the appointment
- By this Friday December 23rd, we need to send in the last $2000 to finish paying for our agency fees. We have $3400 and are waiting to add the last little bit before Mia comes home.
- Plane tickets($3500ish)
- visa for Mia ($400)
- Lodging for 7-10 days(estimated $1000-$1500ish, hopefully less. We'll get a better estimate once we get our travel dates.)
- Living expenses for the time there(?)
- In-country plane tickets for Taiwan(estimated $450-$500 total)
But, more than finances, we need your prayers. There is no doubt in our minds that God is bringing this all together. He has made it very obvious. We know and believe that He is our provider and will continue to provide in every way that we need in order to bring our precious Mia home. And prayer is the foundation of all of this. Truly, without everyone's prayers, we couldn't have made it this far. And we need lots of prayer as we wait to get an AIT appointment. If we don't get one before Chinese New Year, we won't be able to travel until mid-February. Your prayers have sustained us on each and every leg of this journey. As you have witnessed these past few months, God is in the business of adoption. He has provided for our family all along the way. We are humbled and so very grateful to Him and to all of you who have responded to His prompting to help bring Mia home.
You know, the stories that are piling up surrounding this adoption are mind-blowing for me. I've read about other families seeing God work major miracles for them as they adopt their children. And honestly, He came through in some major ways for us in Kazakhstan. But we had most of our funds for Alea's adoption, and didn't have to depend on Him like we've had to for Mia's adoption. We started out with nothing. We just said yes, and we will trust you God. And look what He has done. I'm blown away that this story even includes me. And I am humbled...The creator of the Universe has become intimately involved in our family as He has placed this precious treasure in our arms.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 just speaks of His heart for His children...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." My heart is overwhelmed at His grace, and I am so thankful for His love.
Thank you for all of your prayers and well-wishes as you have followed our journey. I can't wait to share the next miracle story with you. I have a back-log of stories that have gotten us to this point. And you should hear all of the things happening for Caleb as he works to go with us to Taiwan...God is so Good!!!
Lots of Love,
Jenn
A sweet friend made this using Mia's little foot. I love it!
1 comment:
Oh Jen,
I remember the Chinese calendar. Chinese New Year delayed our knowing Ellie by two weeks (but, we got her referral on our one year anniversary in the process... pretty cool). Then, the trade show in Guangzhou impacted our travel. It's so frustrating that a country's calendar can impact a family so much. I pray God will work out all the details and that regardless of when, you will trust His timing!!!! (Of course, I'm telling him earlier is better. *wink*)
Post a Comment