Thursday, September 13, 2007

Isaiah 49:3

He said to me,

"You are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory." Isaiah 49:3

This morning I woke up with Warren and after he left for work I sat down to have a quiet time with God. I wasn't quite sure where to start today and just kind of let God know that. He reminded me of a word that He first gave me back in October last year. Back on the very first day that I committed to pray for my family. He said, "Hope, will spring forth. I will renew you. I will water your gardens and tend your fields." Two days later He led me to Jeremiah 31:12. It says,

"They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord- the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their morning into gladness, I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty." declares the Lord.

I have been struggling with knowing that God has wanted this adoption to be to His glory, and wondering where that would happen. It was causing me to praise, but I felt that it wasn't just about me. This morning once again He led me to the scripture that I posted in the title. That started it, this morning was filled with many verses that He led me to, showing me His heart for my family and for our sweet little girl in Kazakhstan. I know of no other way to proclaim the amazing things that God has done for us, than to shout it from the roof-tops, but my rooftop is too steep. I could sing a song, but I'm not that talented, it might hurt you, and I'm not so great at poetry. So, I will do what, unfortunately at times, I do best, Talk! I pray that it will be an encouragement to you and that it will draw you closer to our Father. My heart is that you hear His heart for you and for all of His people. He is a God of miracles and this adoption is proving it. I hope you enjoy our story, that it will cause you to want more out of your relationship with Christ, and if you don't know Him, I encourage you to seek and find out more. He will meet you right where you are, I promise!

So, from now on, I will share with you our journey in depth. My disclaimer is: this is my story, I don't mean to imply that you should go about it in the way I do, only that you should seek. God met me in a profound way and He wants to meet you too. He is an amazing God, and my desire is to bring Him all the glory for this adoption. After all, it was His plan from the beginning of time.

7 comments:

obligato said...

Hi....we are using AGCI also and are waiting for our CIS clearence.!! :(

Jake said...

You are good with words - share our walk...that will bring Him glory. I look forward to hearing how our Abba brings your little girl home to your family.

Linda

anita said...

Jennifer, you are such a joyful encouragement to me.

Teabo Chica said...

Jenn, I have always appreciated your heart for Christ, and your fire after a Big God! Thank your for sharing your words dear friend,I am blessed to know you!

ronkell said...

Jenn, I thank God for what He is doing in and thru you and Warren. You two are an answer to our prayer. I am so looking forward to my new granddaughter. Adoption means some one is wanted. The price may be high but it is worth it. Jesus did it because our Heavenly Father wanted us. WOW!!
Heb 10:36 Patience leads to promise. Keep it up!!!!! Dad

Heckert's Highway said...

Julie and Josh, My friend Natalie just came home with her beautiful baby girl from Ethiopia!!! Their children are beautiful!! Hang in there with CIS, I'll be praying with you! Jenn

Anonymous said...

appreciate your words and your heart and look forward to seeing that little one coming home to you someday soon.

Beckie