Monday, September 10, 2007

Just Life

It's huge!!(Check out that smile)Oooops, I thought it was a big one!!

Kissing your first caught fish is a family tradition!
We had a little fishing day a couple of weeks ago and thought we would share a few pictures with you. I think we caught that same fish a few times, it quit moving by the third time, do you think it's gonna be ok?! Ha Ha!! After a couple of hours with very few bites and trying to retrieve a sunken fishing pole(we finally got it back) we headed home with some very happy little boys. I live for these moments as a mom. I love to see the joy on their sweet faces when they do something new for the first time. Caleb was the one who sent the pole flying, talk about drama after that one. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!! (No laughing girls, I know what you are thinking :0) Warren spent the next 45 minutes using Ethan's pole to try and catch Caleb's pole off of the bottom of the lake. Luckily it wasn't too far away! After we got it back, I settled in for a little nap in my lawn chair while they fished for moss. I loved it!! Too bad it's almost fall and we have to wait till next year to have another fishing day.
Ok, so no real new updates. Just the same ol', same ol'. We are still waiting on our CIS approval and we have no idea when it will come. I just keep praying that the people who are in control will enjoy their job and want to do it with all of their might or maybe just mind, or however they do it, that they will just do it!!! I'm hangin' in there, but I'd sure like to be hangin' with my paperwork in Kazakhstan instead of the US. At least that way we'd be alot closer to our baby girl.
So we were thinking that we would have a giant garage sale in order to help raise some money to bring our girl home. We are a little short and had heard that others have done this to help cut the costs, and so we thought we'd give it a try. If any of you out there have any junk that you would like to donate to help bring our baby home, we'd love to have it. We are looking at having the yard sale on the first weekend of October. If you don't have junk, we could use your prayers for no rain and lots of moolah!! Or you could even just come and hang out and visit. I love company!!! We are also tossing around the idea of a silent auction here at our house. Some people have committed to donating their special products in order to auction them off and Warren is going to build some type of furniture to auction too. It's just an idea... If you have something you would like to donate, or if you want in on the fun and the possibility of winning something, we would love to have you here. Right now I'm just putting out some feelers to see if any people would be interested in attending or in being involved. Let me know what you think, I'd be open to any feedback.

Well, off to bed. I have to start my second day of homeschooling tomorrow. Today was fun, but I am mentally fried!!! Ethan crawled into bed with me on Saturday and said in a very commanding tone, "Mom, I really need to know how to read now!" I just shouted hallelujah!!! It's about time this child took an interest in learning to read. He's all about numbers, but has had no interest in letters until now. As much as the child likes books, you'd think he would have wanted to learn before now. Well, I'm excited to have the privelege to teach him and can't wait to get it going. I'll keep you updated on his progress. :0)





Goodnight!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny and Warren!

I am so excited about your adoption process! I think adoption is the best thing in the whole world, but I am a bit biased! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Heckert's Highway said...

Kat,

I'm so excited to hear from you. I want to know how things are going on your end. It has been years since we chatted!!! Email me girl!!! We need to catch up!!

Teabo Chica said...

I love this post on the boys, how precious I can see Caleb tossing his pole and everything.
COUnt me in for the Auction/Garagle sale. I would love to help any way I can, girl. Chat later today. after school :)
Praying for day two for you!

Tann said...

Nee-Nee
We miss you. The other day we were in the car on the way home and Sloan asked me if you were going to be at our house when we got there. I had to tell him no, obviously, and he said oh...I miss nee-nee. Wish we could be fishing with you. How was day two? Love you my friend! T