Monday, July 28, 2008

To God Be All the Glory!!

'Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them." The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!' Psalm 126:2-3
Introducing...
Alealani Faith Tolganai Heckert
Born: October 20, 2007
Weight:3lbs 5oz

Day1, day 5, and day 12

day 3, day 4, 4th of July, GOTCHA DAY!!!!

Yes, we know that it is a very long name for such a tiny person, but the meaning is very special to us. We looked and looked everywhere to find a name that meant chosen and from God. Alealani is a combination of a Kazakh and Hawaiian name. It means, "Beautiful Chosen Child from Heaven." Faith is my mothers middle name and we wanted Alea to know that she is just as much a part of this family as any child born to me, besides, as you all know, this adoption has required much faith from us! Tolganai, pronounced(toll-gun-eye) means full moon, or in Alea's case, eyes like the moon:O)
We knew immediately when we met her that she was our daughter! As Warren says, as soon as she looked into his eyes, he knew. She began to giggle and coo at us and especially at her daddy:O) Warren had prepared himself to be rejected at first because the babies in the Baby House never see men and they are usually scared of them. Not Alea, we think she just knew that Warren was her daddy and she was going to make sure that he knew too. She flashed us her biggest and best smile and that was the end of daddy's heart. I think it may have even stopped beating for a moment:O) During the entire process of this adoption one of Warren's prayers was that she would be a happy baby despite her circumstances. Obviously, she's a strong one to make it through and still be happy.

We actually got custody of her last Thursday, but it was a surprise to us and wasn't actually official until yesterday. That's why I've been waiting to post.

I will still have to stay here for 3 more weeks they are telling me. We're not sure why at this point and it's very hard to wait. I just want to take Alea and get the heck outta dodge!! Please continue to pray for my family while we are in limbo.

Thank you all so very much for all of your prayers for us and encouragements that you send via email or through posting here on my blog. I live to hear from all of you, and while I haven't been able to respond to each of you, please know that I thank God every day for you:O)

Lots of Love,
Jenn & Alea

9 comments:

Karla said...

OH!! I love the pix! I love the name!! She is wonderful...oh, so wishing/praying that the 3 weeks is waived...and that you can get your baby girl HOME!! Still praying...Love, Karla

Anonymous said...

Not a lot of internet time...but so happy to see your little girl is now your little girl forever. Praise the Lord.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful just like her momma! She is yours! She is your joy! 2 big brothers to spoil and protect her. She has a fantastic life ahead of her! God is good! Love you all! Kat

Kim said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! She is so cute.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jenn, It is such a blessing to see the two of you together and to know that she is in your care from now on. Wow. God is good.

kitzkazventure said...

She is so beautiful and I love, love her name! What a happy little one she looks to be....what a true blessing from the Lord. Congratulations! The best is yet to come! We will pray that the 3 weeks will go by fast or that your time will decrease quickly! karen

Anonymous said...

Precious girl! Precious mama! You know, our MOPS theme this year is "Adventures in Motherhood" - girl, this has got to go down as one of the biggest mommy adventures ever! Will be praying for a speedy return for you and your girl. Love you and miss you.
bb

hamiltonfamilyblog.net said...

Seriously, I can't quit looking at pics of your little lady!! She is too sweet. I just wanna squeeze her!! Can't wait to talk to you! Love you - Steph