Friday, August 8, 2008

Leaving on the 21st!!!!

My neighbor Sharipa and her granddaughter on her right, Camila, I don't know the other little girl:O) Camila ran and jumped into my arms every day. We absolutely love her!!
These are the ladies from our corner grocery. They are so sweet!!


Hi all!! I just wanted to give you a quick update before I moved. Alea and I will be in transition for the next two weeks, yaaayyy!! No so much for the transition, but that we are finally getting this show on the road.

Ok, so this is how it works. Alea's passport was just sent to immigration today and will be back on Monday. Balzhan, our coordinator will then overnight it to Astana, the capitol. Alea's passport and paperwork will then be placed on the Consular Registration. It used to only be one day, but now it takes 7. That was the new law that was passed:O( Bummer, I could have been going home next Friday, oh well, I'm not going to think about it. On Tues the 19th, after she is registered, her passport and papers will be sent to Almaty. On Wed. I am supposed to go to the American Embassy to get Alea's visa stamped into her passport and then on Thursday the 21st at 7:20am, I will leave Kazakhstan with my beautiful Kazakh princess!!! I can barely contain my excitement about going home. I miss my boys and my husband more than I can say and I cannot wait to get home and hug them and kiss them and squeeze them!!!

Please be in prayer with us that none of our papers are late. One of the stipulations for my plane ticket was that I had to return home within ninety days of leaving. The 21st of Aug is exactly 90 days after I left on May 21st. I really can't believe that I have been here this long and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about leaving this place. Not enough to keep me here, but a little bit. I walked around this evening with Alea and said goodbye to all of my friends that I have made in the area. The ladies at the grocery store and my favorite sweet little old lady who sells candy bars and cigarettes outside on the concrete stump are my favorites. I am sad to say goodbye to them and they all keep asking when I will come back. They will always be a favorite memory when I think back to my time here in Kaz.

The Olympics just came on and now I'm going to go and watch them in Russian:O) I'm sure that I won't ever get this chance again. I also think it's really cool to be watching them before all of you. Have a good night sleep. Don't forget to look for Kazakhstan as they walk in the opening ceremonies:O)

Lots of Love,
Jenn & Alea

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, so glad to hear that you are finally going home. I will definitely pray this all works well and you go and the plane ride goes smoothly. Can't wait to talk to you after you get home.

Blessings, Beckie

Karla said...

Just got internet service back at home at my computer...so glad to get the updates and the pictures. I can't believe that you will have been in Kazakhstan for 90 days...I understand the nostalgia about leaving...it is such an adventure...hope that all goes smoothly and that you and Alea are home on 8/21!!!! Love, Karla Sequim

Our journey said...

Praying for safe travels. It is getting sooo close!

A

hamiltonfamilyblog.net said...

Hi, friend - I'm so glad you have a light at the end of the tunnel, but I totally understand being a little sad about leaving. Kaz has become your home for a short time. I cried the whole way to the airport with Ayan, just thinking that he would never truly know his birth country. I still miss Kaz sometimes. I'll be praying for your trip home and that Alea handles the flight beautifully!! Love you - Steph

Our journey said...

One week!! I bet you are overjoyed to get your whole family in one place. Lily just saw the picture of Alea and was overjoyed. "What a cute baby! I looove her beautiful bow. It has beautiful pola dots. Can I have one like that mom?"

Amy

Karla said...

Dear Jenn:

just wanted you to know that I will be at our church Middle School Camp from 8/17-22...so, actually, hopefully you will have chased the sun around the planet and are home by the time I get back. Continuing to pray for you and yours...Love, Karla