Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm ok now, but it was kidney stones!!

Hello all!

Thank you so much for praying for me. I can't tell you how much it meant to know that I wasn't in this alone. Poor Warren, I'm sure that it was frightening to be woke up at 5 am by his frantic wife. I've birthed two babies and I have to say, I think this was worse. Maybe it was because of the fear that I was in a different country and had no where to go. I wanted pain meds like there was no tomorrow, and all we could find was some cold medicine with codeine, a couple of muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but believe me, it didn't even touch it!!! I just want you all to know that I am never going through that again, Lord willing!! At one point, I was trying to figure out how I could find a clean needle to take to the hospital with me so that they could give me an epidural. I know, I was out of my mind. There is a story of an adoptive family who was here and she had kidney stones. They took her to the hospital and they removed her entire kidney, so I wasn't about to go to the hospital!!! Thankfully, a friend of mine had already been here and she met an American pediatrician who works here. We just connected with her for the first time yesterday, thankfully, and were able to call her to find out what we should do. I'm just praising God that it wasn't an appendicitis!!!

Anyway, today at 1:30, we were supposed to go to the baby house to meet three girls that will be coming available at the end of June. We didn't get to go for obvious reasons, but the Director there was understanding and said that we could go tomorrow morning. So, we will get to meet Alea tomorrow. Both Warren and I really believe that one of those children is ours. There are a lot of details that I haven't yet shared with you, and I will, I'll just save it for another time when I'm not so tired.

I wish that I could fully relate to all of you how much that it really means to us to recieve your comments and to know that you are praying for us. It really is our lifeline!!! When we were at our lowest point, we opened up our email and were able to read all of the comments that you all had shared. It was exactly what we needed to keep going on.

Both of us have really sensed the presence of God here with us, and have really received so much strength through your prayers. I love having a team of warriors on our side!!

I'll let you know more tomorrow. Until then, we love you all very much and miss you too!!!!

Warren and Jenn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I am praying for you. I KNOW you are meeting your daughter when you go to the BH tomorrow. I know that Lord indeed wants this child out of KZ and into your home forever and the enemy is angry! He is stomped on and done for. He is NOT having that precious little girl. I believe the amount of spiritual battle you have been through is significant to this precious little girl's life. You are right where the Lord wants you at HIS perfect timing. Praying for you both.
Love, Beckie

Jan said...

I very much agree with Beckie!
We have been praying hard for you and God is at work! It is so awesome to be able to pray for you. I am just so sorry for all you have had to go through! Even with adoption, you had to go through "labor". But you are so close to "delivery"!!! The elders and wives were meeting when we got the message you were in pain and you got a massive dose of prayer at about 9:30am your time.
Peter, Paul and I got to go bowling with your mom and your two sweet boys yesterday. It was very fun!
We love you all!
Jan

greta said...

Thank you Jesus! Oh Jenn, we are sooo happy that the kideny stones passed. You are one strong woman! WoW...
I also KNOW that your Alea is one of those three girls. God will always prevail!
I love you,
greta

Karla said...

Dear Jenn and Warren: oh, I am so glad that you were able to endure the kidney stones and the passing of them...when you get home, I have some supplements that will help prevent their re-occurance...here's to your "labor" for Alea!! I hope that this trial produces the glory of God in your life, and redemption for your daughter. When I was in Shymkent, God taught me that redemption is costly...love to you and yours, Karla

Rejoicing with CT said...

Jenny and Warren,

We are praying for you!!! Keep the hope. Hope does not disappoint (Rom 5:5). Take cover under his wings (Ps91) God is strong and mighty. Meditate on Ps 24. Aloha! Raquel Werk