1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has ever made you lose sleep.2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child, there would be no orphans in the world is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken a airplane ride half way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacy's you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word Dossier means and you can actually pronounce it!
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have them in your life.
15. You know full well that the journey of your child coming into your family is one of the most wonderful, miraculous things that has ever happenned to you!
I found this on another friends blog and just loved it! It's so true...
Love you,
Jenn
6 comments:
Now you went and made me cry to read that and hear that song. I sing that to the girls.
Resa
I love this list!
Happy Mother's Day!
Hi there Jenn. You left a question on my blog about a wifi card. I have a wifi card in my laptop that allows me to connect wirelessly. I stayed at a hotel in Kaz that had wired and wireless access. I did not have to buy anything to use the Interent so I don't know how much help I can be. I used the hotel's business center Internet access in Kaz. I paid like 20 tenge a minute which is pretty expensive after a while. Good luck and have a safe trip!! Will be watching!!!
Thanks Amy for the info! I think I have it all figured out now. Have fun with your sweet girl!!!
You leave in a week from today!!!! Thought I would mention it just in case you forgot. ; )
This is good...I know you must be so excited to soon be on that plane to your little girl. Can't wait to see who the Lord handpicked for your family.
Post a Comment