I'm going home on the 20th!!!!! I was told that I could leave on Wed. instead of Thurs. and I jumped at the chance to get home sooner. When I went to the KLM office they were also able to change my route home and now I don't have to go through London on the way back. I was supposed to leave Almaty, go to Amsterdam and then to London. The total layover time was going to be around 8 hours. I was dreading the trip back because on my one and a half hour flight to Almaty, Alea screamed for about thirty minutes of it. We really need all of your prayers. We will only have a three and a half hour layover in Amsterdam and then on to Seattle!!!!! Yaayyyyyyy!!! I can't even begin to describe to you all the incredible weariness that I am feeling right now. I'm so tired and the thought of even having to wait until next Wed. is killing me. I know, I just need to hang in there, but I have to tell you, I'm hanging by a thread.
Alea is in the process of cutting her two top front teeth and it's pretty painful, for both of us:O) She also doesn't like to allow me to comfort her when she is tired or crying. She cries more at that point if I hold her than if I just put her in her bed. Since we will be on a plane, we all know that her bed isn't an option. Please, please pray for us!!! Ok, gotta go and feed the little miss:O)
Lots of love to you all,
Jenn and Alea
7 comments:
Oh Jenn. I can so relate to the issues you are having with Alea and wanting to comfort but her pushing away. Lana did the same with what I believe was the grief of the life she had been secure in for those months before we entered her life. On top of your struggle to comfort her, is definitely the enormous length this trip has been. Will be praying. Know we are here for you and soon you will be home. Glad to hear you can leave a day earlier.
Beckie
Praying for you Jenn. What an ordeal you have been through. It is close to an end and God will continue to sustain you. I can't wait to hear that you are both home safe and sound!!
Dear Jenn: oh, the comfort...I remember w/our Sasha, age 8 1/2 yrs old at the time...she did not want me to comfort her either...but, I just held her on my lap and insisted on holding her and rubbing her back and kissing her little head...and, after awhile...she accepted and got used to it. With Alea, it might be a bit different, in that, if she is tired, then, the stimultion might be too much for her...and putting her to bed is the best thing. Ok, I am running out of room, but, I have a thot re: the teething that might help, too...Love, Karla
Ok, part two: re: the teething...see if you can get someone to take you to a "pharmacy"...and get a piece of Liccorice Root (it looks like a twig that you would put into your wood stove!)...but, when you "chew" on it, it releases pepsin, which calms the "urpy" tummy that so often accompanies teething, and the pressure of using it is comforting...you might give it a try. Ususally works better for back molars than for front incisors, tho...do you have some Children's Tylenol or something that you can use. So glad that you are coming home a day early, and that the flights are better for you...hang in there...there is light at the end of the long, long tunnel. Love, Karla
Hey Jenn,
I'm so glad that you'll be flying home next week! I've been thinking about you alot lately.
I'll be praying for you and Alea to have a very peaceful flight! I'm excited for you to get your precious daughter home and watch the wonderful transformation that takes place when a child finds home! Much love! Angie
Jenny, I'm praying for you!!!!!!!!! Lord Jesus, give Jenny what he needs to endure. Speak powerfully and aptly through your word to her right now. Allow her to keep her eyes on You. Be her rear guard, her strong arm, her omega. Strengthen her with all might through her spirit in the inner man. Grant her the wisdom she needs with Alea and help her to know exactly what to do with Alea on the flight back. Hold back the enemies forces of evil and every snare planned against her. Have your way Jesus! In Your powerful name we pray, AMEN
Raquel Werk
Hey Friend! Just keep hanging you are almost home..... I can't wait to see you on Wednesday.... Love you much... you are brave and strong and almost home.
Traci
Post a Comment